Recipe by: Rosina (website)
“Little and fat and delicious with coffee, tea, etc.”
- Stir together flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Beat together eggs and sugar in a large bowl until well blended. Stir in butter, extracts, black walnut flavoring and the walnuts. Gradually stir flour mixture into creamed mixture blending well.
- Divide dough on a floured surface into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 14 inch rope.
- Place four ropes about 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake in a 325 degree F (165 degree C) oven for approximately 20 minutes, until bottoms are pale gold in color.
- Let cool about 2 minutes on the baking sheet then cut each rope on a diagonal into slices 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Lay slices close together on sides and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) until lightly toasted (approximately 15 minutes). Cool on baking sheet. Store airtight.