“These are my favorite cut-out cookies. Sweet and spicy, they’re a wonderful Christmas treat. I’ve been making them every Christmas for almost 15 years now. You can make the dough up to 3 days ahead of time.”
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Ready In|
|Cook Time||Ready In|
- Mix the flour, the baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves together in a bowl.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth; beat the egg and vanilla extract into the butter mixture. Add the flour mixture in small amount to the butter mixture, beating each addition until blended. Form the dough into a ball, wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 3 days.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease baking sheets.
- Roll the dough out on a floured work surface with a rolling pin to about 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with 2-inch cookie cutters. Arrange the cut cookies onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges begin to brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.