Recipe by: Elizabeth Lampman (website)
“Fresh tasting biscotti with orange zest, dried cranberries, white chocolate, and pistachios. Very light and tasty.”
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Ready In|
|24||25m||45m||1h 30 m|
|Cook Time||Ready In|
|45m||1h 30 m|
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, orange zest, and vanilla with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs and egg white one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually blend into the creamed mixture using a wooden spoon. Stir in the white chocolate, dried cranberries, and pistachios. Cover, and chill for 30 minutes, or until dough is no longer sticky.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface, and divide into halves. Form each half into a flattish log about 12 inches long by 3 inches wide. Arrange logs at least 3 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven, or until pale gold. Allow logs to cool on the baking sheet until cool enough to handle. On a cutting board, cut logs crosswise on a diagonal into 1 inch thick slices. Arrange on baking sheet.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until golden. Transfer biscotti to wire racks, and cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.