Recipe by: N. Drew (website)
“Here’s the recipe that I got from my mother.”
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Ready In|
|Cook Time||Ready In|
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the shortening and 1 1/2 cups of white sugar until smooth. Stir in the eggs one at a time, blending well after each. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; stir into the batter until blended.
- Roll the dough into balls the size of small walnuts. Roll in a mixture of 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, but still soft.