“Buttery, rich, and delicate; these are our favorite sugar cookies.”
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Ready In|
|Cook Time||Ready In|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Beat butter and white sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; beat in vanilla extract. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture on low speed until dough is just-combined.
- Divide dough into 4 portions; refrigerate 3 portions. Roll remaining portion out on a lightly-floured work surface to 1/4-inch thick. Use cookie cutters to cut dough into desired shapes and transfer cookies to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until slightly golden at the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat rolling, cutting, and baking process with remaining dough portions.
Dough can be refrigerated up to 2 days. Or, if you like, you can make the dough, pat it into a few disks, wrap it well, label, and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge, then roll out.