Recipe by: Carmella DiNardo (website)
“These cookies are great for chocolate-hazelnut lovers. I make these all the time and everyone absolutely loves them.”
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Ready In|
|Cook Time||Ready In|
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread such as Nutella®
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts chopped & toasted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Mix with a whisk to break up any lumps.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, and white sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time until completely incorporated. Mix in vanilla and chocolate-hazelnut spread.
- Slowly add in flour mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in chopped hazelnuts and chocolate chips. Drop the dough onto prepared baking sheet by tablespoons or with a cookie scoop.
- Bake in preheated oven until edges look dry and cookies are fragrant, about 12 minutes. Allow to cool for 1 minute on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack.