“My grandma, Opal June Carlson (Gram C), made these cookies whenever my dad and I came to her cottage on Lake Okoboji for a visit. Although at the time I picked off the pecan halves that my 7-year-old self didn’t yet appreciate, these simply delicious cookies were amazing and will live forever in my heart along with my Gram C!”
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Ready In|
|Cook Time||Ready In|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and 1/8 teaspoon salt together in a bowl.
- Beat 1 cup butter, white sugar, and egg in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add flour mixture, vanilla extract, and lemon extract to butter mixture; stir until dough is well blended. Roll cookie dough into walnut-size balls and place 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Press each ball down with the bottom of a glass to flatten slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until baked through, 6 to 7 minutes. Cool.
- Stir confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, hot water, and vanilla together in a bowl until sugar is completely dissolved and icing is smooth. Spread icing on cooled cookies and top each cookie with a pecan.