Recipe by: KATHIANNE (website)
“I modified a recipe to make this a darker biscotti. For a richer almond flavor, use almond extract instead of the vanilla.”
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Ready In|
|15||30m||50m||1h 30 m|
|Cook Time||Ready In|
|50m||1h 30 m|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (170 degrees C).
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Whisk together eggs, egg whites, and vanilla or almond extract in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, mixing just until moist, using an electric mixer on medium speed. Add dried cranberries and almonds; mix thoroughly.
- On floured surface, divide batter in half and pat each half into a log approximately 14 inches long and 1 1/2 inches thick. Place on a cookie sheet and bake 30 minutes or until firm. Cool on a wire rack about 10 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- Cut biscotti on the diagonal into 1/2-inch slices. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Place cut biscotti upright on a cookie sheet, spacing them about an inch apart, and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Let cool and store in a loosely covered container.