Recipe by: Lesa Caruso (website)
“These are very tender cookies. I got this recipe years ago when I was a girl scout.”
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Ready In|
|66||1d 1 h 15 m||8m||1d 1 h 23 m|
|66||1d 1 h 15 m|
|Cook Time||Ready In|
|8m||1d 1 h 23 m|
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar for decoration
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until well blended. Cover dough and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll the balls in the remaining sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven, or until just barely golden. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Should you want to alter them for a later date add different flavor extracts.