Recipe by: Mary (website)
“Fruit cake-like cookies. Store in an airtight container. The can also be frozen. Cookies are better after a few days, they soften.”
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 3 cups candied cherries
- 1/3 pound diced candied lemon peel
- Soak fruits in bourbon at least 1 hour to plump.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (170 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- Cream margarine or butter, gradually adding sugar and eggs. Add dry ingredients, then fruit and nuts. Mix well.
- Drop from teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container.