Recipe by: Sharon P. (website)
“These cookies look like little Christmas Wreaths and are great fun for the kids to help with. Very Easy. People always look at these suspiciously, but once they try them, they can’t get enough.”
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups cornflakes cereal
- 1 package (2.25 oz) cinnamon red hot candies
- Microwave marshmallows and butter on High for 2 minutes. Stir, then microwave on High for 2 minutes more. Stir. (This can be done in a double boiler if one doesn't have a microwave.)
- Add and mix quickly the coloring, extracts, then cornflakes. Drop by spoonfuls in clumps on greased wax paper and decorate with 3 red hots each.
- Once cool, transfer to lightly greased serving/storage tray with lightly greased fingers.
Recipe may be halved.