Recipe by: Andrea (website)
“A great chocolate cookie made like a Snickerdoodle or Sugar cookie. They taste absolutely yummy and I guarantee they won’t last!”
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Ready In|
|Cook Time||Ready In|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt margarine. Stir in cocoa, remove from heat and set aside to cool. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, 1 cup white sugar and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the cocoa mixture and the vanilla. Blend in the sifted ingredients to form a soft dough. Cover dough and refrigerate for at least an hour or two.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Roll chilled dough into 1 inch balls, roll them in the remaining sugar and place them 2 to 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.