“Delicious, not too crispy biscotti, which can be dipped in or drizzled with melted chocolate.”
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease and lightly flour cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Divide dough into two equal parts. On floured surface, shape dough into two logs, 14 inches long, 1-1/2 inches wide and 1 inch thick. Place two inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a cutting board. Let cool 5 minutes. Cut into 3/4 inch thick diagonal slices and return to cookie sheet, standing upright.
- Bake 10 minutes more or until slightly dry. Cool completely on wire racks.
You can use slivered almonds instead of the hazelnuts, if you wish.