Recipe by: ChefAmy1033 (website)
“Yummy chocolate frosted cookies with Reese’s® Pieces. Perfect for Halloween.”
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Ready In|
|48||30m||10m||1h 10 m|
|Cook Time||Ready In|
|10m||1h 10 m|
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup candy-coated peanut butter pieces such as Reese's Pieces®
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup candy-coated peanut butter pieces such as Reese's Pieces®, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat white sugar and 2/3 cup softened butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; mix in 1/3 cup milk, egg, and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Stir flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into creamed butter mixture until dough is just combined; fold in 1 cup candy-coated peanut butter pieces. Drop dough, 1 to 2 tablespoons per cookie, onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges of cookies are crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on pans for 2 to 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Beat 3 tablespoons melted butter and 3 tablespoons cocoa powder together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; beat in confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract until frosting is fluffy and smooth. Frost cookies and decorate with more candy-coated peanut butter pieces.