“We were given a lot of strawberries and I had to figure out what to do with them so they didn’t go bad. So I came up with this recipe. I hope everyone likes it as much as my kids did. I prefer fresh strawberries over strawberry extract because it gives it a more fruitful flavor. But the extract is good as well. You decide.”
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Ready In|
|Cook Time||Ready In|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups white sugar and butter together in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat egg into butter mixture. Add strawberry puree.
- Stir flour, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt into strawberry mixture with a spoon until flour is completely incorporated into dough.
- Stir 1/2 cup white sugar and red sugar together in a shallow bowl.
- Roll dough into walnut-sized balls, roll each ball in red sugar mixture, and place each ball 1 1/2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Lightly press each dough ball down to flatten.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool.
You can substitute 2 teaspoons strawberry extract for the strawberry puree.