Recipe by: Sue Lavey (website)
“Quick and easy sugar cookies. They are really good plain or with candies in them. My friend uses chocolate mints on top, and they’re great!”
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Ready In|
|Cook Time||Ready In|
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth; stir in egg and vanilla extract. Gradually blend flour mixture into butter mixture. Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and toss in 1/4 cup sugar; place 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden, 8 to 9 minutes. Let stand on cookie sheet 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.